Friday, February 5, 2016

I.Q. Book Talk

I.Q: Rolland Smith
Page: 1-293 (Finished)
Genre: Mystery 


The title of my book is I.Q. The author is Rolland Smith and the books' genre is mystery. We start the story at a wedding ceremony which is taken place in modern day on August 31st. At the wedding we meet Quest, a 13 year old boy who has a talent for magic and is very curious. He has a rock star mom who his now marrying a musician, who has a 15 year old daughter named Angela. She is very quite and is very mysterious. There parents go on an international tour and have to bring their children with them on their motor couch.

In the beginning of September, when the family is on their way to Philadelphia which is mostly where and when this story takes place, they meet a mysterious and surprisingly intellectual man named Boone who ends up helping the two kids find the truth about Angela's mom who was a former Secret Service agent and her death which supposedly happened at independence hall by a terrorist group. They face a lot of problems during their journey, there main problem is having to deal with an Israeli terrorist group who is supposedly been following them for some time. The mood/tone of this story at some times is very joyful because even though these two kids come from totally different backgrounds they form a great friendship. The theme of this book is bonding because you can really see the healthy friendship between these two characters in the story, they act more as  best friends then step-siblings.

I liked this book because I really like the mystery genre in general and mystery to me is always interesting. The thing I remember most about the book was the good friendship between Quest and Angela and I always like to see good friendships, they make the book really fun to read and give it a light tone. I would recommend this book to my mom because one, she has a real passion for reading, and two, she really loves a book with mystery. Whenever I see her pick up a book I always ask her what the genre is and she always says mystery, she usually reads sad books that always put her down, but maybe she can change that if I show her this book since it does not have a dark story. Which is why I think she would go out and get this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment