Friday, March 31, 2017

3rd Quarter Reflection Blog

The area I believe I made the most improvement in was my background information on the Holocaust. What I mean by this was that my overall understanding on the Holocaust has drastically changed and has gotten better then before. Before we took a lot of time to learn about it, I had some understanding on the subject. I had a small idea as to what happened and what was going during those years, but I wasn't a total expert on it. After our month long lesson on it, our eyes finally opened. We learned about the tragic events that occurred during these difficult years. It was very terrible and unfortunate. The pain and misery that those people who lost their lives had to go through. Especially for the ones who are thankfully still here today and can tell their dreadful story to other people. I'm just glad we were able to learn this and know how important it is to know what had happened.

Something that I accomplished this quarter and am still to this day am proud of was my butterfly for the butterfly project. It was very difficult for me to do it. I am not a very artistic person, so a task like this would be out of my comfort zone. I was worrying about it the whole week before it was due and had no idea what I was going to do. I obviously needed help so I seeked help from my aunt who is very artistic. She's so good at art and even paints pictures in her free time. I knew she would be the right person to call. After about two hours of planning, her and I did the project together and it looked fantastic. I knew we were going to do something out of the ordinary. No one in the class had did paper mache like I did. It did take some time, but in the end was totally worth it. I am proud of myself for doing it and am thankful that my aunt was there to help me.

An issue I had during third quarter was managing my time. What I mean by this was being able to devote time for ELA at home. Like trying to find time to do homework or trying to get some reading in. I'm not sure why, but this has been an ongoing issue for me and I'm not sure why. I do my ELA homework so late at night and tend to procrastinate a little bit. What I want to try to do to overcome this problem is finding a quiet place for me to work first. I would probably be more productive working somewhere quiet rather than somewhere where there's a lot of noise. I also want to try and take all my distractions away from my space so I don't procrastinate. This is a goal I wish to accomplish by the time we come back from spring break.


No comments:

Post a Comment