Thursday, January 28, 2016

Poetry Response Blog 1/28/16


By: PoetryPad.com


Don’t let today’s troubles
Bring you down,
Or allow you to question
Your ability
Don’t let life’s little obstacles
Keep you from trying,
Or become the reason
For defeat
Don’t let your fears
Keep you from dreaming,
Or from chasing
your dream
Don’t give up for any reason
Believe in yourself,
And in yourself

You’ll find strength

This poem really caught my eye because whenever I read it, it always reminds me of determination. It reminds me that in life that your going to have to face some obstacles, obstacles that you don't think your going to get past. The only thing you can't do during those obstacles is give up, that will let the obstacle know that it beat you and in life you can't let that happen.

Like me for example, sometimes I have problems that put me down, or make me give up. After looking at this poem it has really opened my eyes. It tells me that a problem or obstacle can't put me down or create the way I feel/decide. The only thing I can do is be determined and beat that obstacle.

Those obstacles may bring you down at some points in life or may take over your emotions. Your going to feel the need to give up, but you can not let that happen. Life obstacles can't bring you down, obstacles are only problems and there is always a solution to that problem. One thing that is not a solution to a problem is giving up. That only makes the problem sick with you or that can maybe even worsen the problem. This is why you can't give up. Problems or obstacles do not control you, and if they do you can't let that happen.

When I was looking for pictures relating to this poem, I thought this was a great photo to sum up the whole poem. As you can see, tis guy is climbing up a mountain, now I don't know what obstacles he had to face, but I know he must have had a few. Like this picture, some thing some things in life are like climbing a mountain. In the photo, this man's goal is to get to the top of the mountain. He may have to climb tough spots or may get tired, but his goal is to get to the top of that mountain and problems like that can't effect his goal. Now you just have to apply that to life, you want to accomplish a goal, it may be hard at sometimes, but that can't stop you from accomplishing that goal. You have to be determined and just face whatever you have to face. If you treat your goals like that, they will most likely be accomplished. 


I commented on: 




1 comment:

  1. Nice explanations Andrew. I liked how you compared the picture you chose to life, it's a good comparison and it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete