Thursday, November 12, 2015

Blog for Week 11/12/15 - Theme Development - I.Q


I.Q Roland Smith
Prompt: Theme Development

So far we have step - siblings Angela and Quest the children of Roger Tucker (Angela's dad) and Balze Munoz (Quest's mother) who had just gotten married. The kids and Rockstar parents have to take a long tour on a motor coach together as a family for the first time. Out of the blue the family comes across a man named Tyrone Boone that offers to fix their broken down motor coach. Why and how did he come across this family? We will just have to wait and see.

I think friendship is a really good theme for this story because it seems like Angela and Quest get along pretty well. For two totally different people who come from totally different backgrounds seem to get along well. I think this friendship will further the plot and become more special than ever.

I also think a that mystery can be a possible theme for this story because I am pretty sure that Tyrone Boone plays sort of a spy role in this story, he seems very suspicious and in the back of the boom it did mention "Step-siblings Q ( Quest and Angela are being thrust into the work of the U.S. Secret Services" and "Angela realizes that she's being followed". I was thinking that maybe Tyrone Boone maybe has something to do with being in the U.S. Secret Services or some kind of spy work to maybe destroy this family. Also the first page of the book there are a few people talking discussing on how there watching a couple and two children. Then you see these same exact men who I think are trying to follow the family's motor coach and then have their car get stolen (then we go back to Angela, Quest, and their parents). I also think those men could be spies also and will create a mystery tone to the story.
I commented on:




1 comment:

  1. I could see why you chose those two themes for the story. It definitely does seem like something mysterious is going on in the book, but what you were saying was a little hard to follow.

    ReplyDelete