Thursday, March 3, 2016

"Afraid"

Hello, everyone
I thank you for coming today to listen to me ramble.
As we all know, there have been some concerning incidents
incidents that state that these voting ID laws affect the minorities votes
This outrages me


When I heard of this, I looked out my window
looked straight at a black women.
I looked as serious as someone who is at a funeral.
When I looked at this woman, I felt horrible, not just for her, for everyone, when I pictured
myself as this woman voting
I could see the hesitation from my eyes.


This hesitation making me sweat, I imagined myself as sweaty as cow,
sweating even worse than an cow.
I then saw this hesitation turning into fear, this fear was literally kicking at my brain and heart
making me think “will I get judged based on my vote.”


I see this in all different people, blacks, Asian, and the list goes on.
I don’t want this fear in all you people.
Even if researchers do say that minority votes dropped 4.7 percent in states that
have strict voting laws
Or, that the effect that these votes have on presidential candidates
We can change this


I don’t want our upcoming president to fear that their votes will ruin them
I don’t want a president who shouldn’t be president
And we can’t fear these laws, if it means changing them then so be it.




No comments:

Post a Comment