Friday, May 26, 2017

Final Reflection

1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?


One of the three most important things I've learned in this class is that hard work really pays off. Some advice I'd give to any incoming eighth grader is that you really need to be on your toes when it comes out this class. I'm not saying in a way to warn someone, but just to prepare someone. I'm saying this because you learn a lot and do a lot in this class. There's a lot of material being covered to better prepare you for our later years as young adults in high school. Is even say this to any accelerated seventh grader because I got the experience to be placed The the accelerated class and the just the regular eighth grade class, but that's ok. You still learn a lot and I learned that me doing the hard work from the beginning always pays off in the end.



2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?


Something I did in this class that I will always remember for the rest of my life was the relationships I created. When the eighth grade year started, I was really bummed out to find out that all my friends were in summit and I wasn't. At first it got me angry and made me think that my eighth grade year was just gonna be really bad. I was also disappointed to learn that I wasn't placed in any of the accelerated classes. I've been in accelerated programs through most of my “school life.” When I'm in those classes I feel smart and feel comfortable being with all my friends. As the months went by, I really liked being with the people in this class and have made so many more best friends. I did have friends in this class from before, but I enjoyed actually being in a classroom with them. I would never switch places and be in any of the other classes, my place is and always was here.

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?


The best book read this year was A Child Called It. This book is very powerful and can get emotional. I have to admit, I was getting a little emotional during some if the hard parts. I won't spoil any of the book. It's about a little boy who survived Year sir mental and physical abuse from his abusive alcoholic mother who tortured this poor kid everyday. It was painful to read through his traumatic experiences.

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

Advice I'd give to incoming students is like I said before, be prepared to work hard and strive for your absolute best. Like I said, a lot of material is going to be covered within this room. You will learn so much in such a short amount. A school year is honestly not that long with all the time that goes by. Your middle school years go by so uncontrollably quick. Along with learning a lot, you have to also factor in the work and the amount of time you have to give up to to get your full educational experience. That means you must and I mean you absolutely must do your homework. You get homework in this class everyday and you should by all means do it and not be a slacker.

I will try and post this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment